Meet the members of the Changing Perspectives Counseling Group
Hello! I’m Dorinda Burnham
MS, LMHC, CCTP, CISM
Each of us have moments of feeling stuck and can benefit from gaining a new perspective on events happening around us. I look at each client as an individual and work to build rapport that will help gain insight into your struggles, goals, and present therapeutic ideology that fits your personal needs. My goal is to provide support, empathy, and help clients to feel better about themselves and their choices.
Empowerment is found in making healthier connections that foster growth, change, and life-long learning. I am an IAPT certified trauma professional with a background in outpatient counseling, home-based intensive therapy, family therapy, and substance abuse treatment. I love helping others to realize their potential for peace, strength, and resilience.
Change can be scary but I can help you push past that fear and embrace new perspectives that will enhance your life, bringing new insights, hope, and meaning. I can’t wait to meet you and support you to take this amazing next step in your journey.
My Approach & Values
My goal is to provide support, empathy, and accountability to help you on your path to a more satisfying life. You are stronger that you may realize and my approach helps uncover strengths you have that will improve your quality of life. I believe change is possible at any point and that one new choice can lead to a more fulfilling life. My approach is direct, honest, and integrative, allowing each client to feel their therapy is individual to their specific needs.
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor for Individual, Couples, and Group therapy
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Critical Incident Stress Management Consultant
- Instructor and Educator for Mental Health Wellness and Trauma Response/Recovery
- Experienced counselor for Intensive Family Therapy and Intervention
- EAP provider for contracted mental health services
- Experienced provider for Law Enforcement, Public Safety, and Veteran populations
- Experienced counselor for Substance abuse recovery
- International Association of Trauma Professionals, Clinical Trauma Professional Certification
- Nova Southeastern University, MS Mental Health Counseling
- University of Connecticut, BS Human Services and Development, Physiological Psychology
We Work With Individuals, Couples & Groups
We offer individual sessions for adolescent through adult to work through many areas of concern. Each session typically lasts 45-60 minutes. We offer individuals a comfortable and safe space for psychotherapy. We also offer tele-health services to accommodate busy schedules.
You will find our therapists are skilled in assertive, supportive communication and mediation for couples counseling services. Each session typically lasts 45-60 minutes. We offer couples the ability to work through issues in a non-biased, judgment-free space so that both partners feel heard and supported.
Our counselors provide psycho-education groups and workshops and are available for informational lectures that help empower, promote better wellbeing and provide education on mental health issues.
Ask a question or book an appointment below. For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital